- Arppe, A., D. Dowbor (2013). Bridging Lexical and Constructional Synonymy, and Linguistic Variants – the Passive and its Auxiliary Verbs in British and American English. 7th International Corpus Linguistics Conference (CL2013), Lancaster University, Lancaster, UK. July 23, 2013.
- Dowbor, D. (2013). What’s in a Construction? A Tale of Two Constructional Alternations. International Cognitive Linguistics Conference (ICLC-12 2013), University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB. June 28, 2013.
- Dowbor, D., A. Arppe, & S. Rice (2013). English Passive Constructions: Many Variations on an Elusive Schema. International Cognitive Linguistics Conference (ICLC-12 2013), University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB. June 27, 2013.
- Dowbor, D., A. Arppe, & S. Rice (2013). Bridging Lexical and Constructional Synonymy – the English Passive and its Auxiliary Verbs. American Association for Corpus Linguistics Conference (AACL2013), SDSU, San Diego, CA. January 20, 2013.
- Arppe, A., P. Bolger, & D. Dowbor (2012). The More Evidential Diversity, the Merrier – Contrasting Linguistic Data on Frequency, Selection, Acceptability and Processing. New Ways of Analyzing Syntactic Variation (NWASV) International Symposium, Radboud University Nijmegen. November 15, 2012.
- Arppe, A., P. Bolger, & D. Dowbor (2012). Grammar Quadrangulated – Contrasting Frequency, Selection, Acceptability and Processing. 8th International Conference on the Mental Lexicon, McGill University, Montreal, QC. October 24, 2012.
- Dowbor, D., A. Arppe, & S. Rice (2012). The English Passive under Corpus Scrutiny: Some Cognitive Models of Transitivity Revisited. 11th Conceptual Structure, Discourse, and Language Conference (CSDL2012), UBC, Vancouver, BC. May 20, 2012.
- Dowbor, D. (2012). The Locative Alternation Revisited: A Corpus-Linguistic Investigation. Georgetown University Round Table on Languages and Linguistics (GURT 2012): Measured Language: Quantitative Approaches to Acquisition, Assessment, Processing and Variation. March 10, 2012.
- Dowbor, D. (2009). Over: A Case by Far not Closed. How Conceptualization Shapes Lexis and Syntax. Alberta Conference on Linguistics (ACOL), Banff, AB. October 31, 2009.
- Dowbor, D. (2008). The Case of Over Revisited: Results from a Corpus-Linguistic Analysis and Further Proposals. 3rd International Conference of the German Cognitive Linguistics Association (GCLA08), University of Leipzig, September 25, 2008.
- Dowbor, D. & C. Snoek (2006). Metonymy in a Construction-Based Account of Indirect Speech Acts. 2nd International Conference of the German Cognitive Linguistics Association (GCLA06), University of Munich, October 5, 2006.
- Dowbor, D. (2011). The Locative Alternation: The Semantics and Pragmatics of a So-Called Syntactic Phenomenon. Workshop on Cognitive and Usage-Based Approaches to Language. University of Alberta. October 6, 2011.